Friday, May 22, 2009

a little bittle shop

Yesterday I saw a 'bittle' shop. That's exactly what the signboard said, 'bittle shop'. It was little and I kept staring at it with I think my mouth hanging open a little bit and thinking what the hell is a bittle shop, it looks like a paan shop. Then it hit me.... it was a betel shop.... :D ... translated into bengali that is a paan shop.

Last year suki showed me a something thong church.
There are shops in bombay which sold shirts and paints only they are pants as pronounced by them marathis. Sometimes they sell surts and pents too.

Also..in response to the comments my last post got..
Hi Deboleena. Thanks. And my aunt is awesome, she gives me crossword book coupons for my birthdays and doesn't insist on buying clothes. Last year she also shot me in the backside with tetanus on the first day of the pujas after I came home with my foot slashed open. That was not fun...
Suki, I'm jumping in the happiness of you getting the point of the new blog being the anecdotes and ...um sentence getting too stupid to complete.

3 comments:

  1. LOL. Remember "BOOBNA"? We gotta find that house again!

    But "bittle" shop is brilliant. Or Brittle. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! YES! Let us go on a quest and rediscover BOOBNA!!! (jumping with joy)

    ReplyDelete