Friday, April 19, 2013

My favorite asshole

Today was a sunny day in London. In London, a sunny day is an occasion to celebrate. Sitting by the riverside, we've managed to reach the bar at happy hour. Sipping on colorful drinks we are bringing each other up to date on everything that has happened in each other's lives in the fifteen hours since we last met.

I'm telling K about the midnight birthday cake and drinks for a friend at my place.
"Yeah so that happened. I almost fell asleep before it but it happened."
K-"Oh yeah. I forgot about that. How was it?"
"It was just four of my favorite people. So it was nice."
And then, because I am mad at one of them.
"No it was one asshole and three of my favorite people."
K- "But let's be real. He's your favorite asshole."
Me-"Yeeeah.........."
Some deep reflection and then,"Actually. No. My second favorite asshole. I'm my favorite asshole."

No comments:

Post a Comment