Wednesday, April 13, 2011

opposable thumbs and such biological marvels

In the complicated world of gadgets humans are developing new skills. Yes they are. I can talk and text simultaneously. I swear I can............ if you count saying yes at intervals as conversation.

A few years ago I often found myself to be one party of a 'conference' call. While Shaggy and me talked nineteen to the dozen, our third friend usually never said anything. In fact sometimes, fifteen minutes into the conversation, shaggy would inform me that he was also on the line because I would assumed it was just a normal phone call. He never knew when to start talking he said.

My family has almost perfected the art of having a three way conversation on the phone. They call me. Then they go on talking. Every time I open my mouth to say hi or some such attention-seeking thing they say shutup.
For example-
Me: Hi
Bro: Wait
Ma: Where does this wire go?
Bro: This slot in the camera has a picture of the wire Ma. Obviously...
Me: Hi
Bro: Yeah
Ma: Where does the other end go?
Bro: BOTH ENDS DONT GO IN THE CAMERA IDIOT. ONE HAS TO PLUG INTO THE COMPUTER
Ma: Oh
Me: Uhh
Ma: Where does the other end go?
Bro: Same slot where the pendrive goes.
Me: uhh
Bro: YOU. talk to her.
Me: Why?
Bro: Then I dont have to talk to her.
Ma: Hi baby
Me: Hi
Ma: I plugged it in, nothing happened.
Me: Did you turn it on?
Ma: Oh. Ok. Bye.
click.

I will have children with two thumbs on each hand. They will text. Never call.

3 comments:

  1. hahhahahhaaa....fantastique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant. i miss you man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. merci beacoup. you are most kind. both of you.
    trisha maaan, i miss u too

    ReplyDelete