Thursday, April 22, 2010

Maths class. Real Analysis. I had as usual zoned away to a happier dimension inside my head as is my wont on the rare occasion that I cannot make my getaway before the prof walks in after quantum class.

The class drones on and on. Even the nerds get bored. "Please let us go" they whine, plead.
"I am an old woman, if i can teach you can sit and learn. So just keep sitting."
Hmm, prof isn't pliable today...end of the year syllabus ending blues.
"How old do you think I am?" Sudden strange question from prof. "I am 63. My birthday is in ... I'm a Pisces"
"Do I look like a Pisces?"
I blinked and stirred. Wow, the math prof likes astrology. Who knew! I sure as hell do NOT know what a Piscean looks like.
Someone answers her with a vague negative. "See there are billions of people in the world." OHKAY, this is getting strange.
"Only twelve sunsigns."
JEEEZ
"So the probability of someone having any of these sunsigns is very large"
Probability theory meets astrology. Kill me.
"But you can't divide all these billions of people into only twelve types right?"
No? Why? Stupid vs Smart. Them vs Me. Astrology believers vs Astrology disbelievers.
"So, when you are born is not what matters"
Finally this is veering back to the realm of the scientific and logical.
"What really matters is..." Genes??
"What really matters is the planets you were born under"
KILL ME. (I'm a gemini.)

4 comments:

  1. what really matters is the conjunction of the stars at the time of your birth. and also the retarded numbnuts who teach you in miranda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i gave a 'me much like'...becuz i'm a gemini...nothing to do with liking it!:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. trisha, i agree that the maths dept here is one thing i could do without, its a tale of me vs them every year and tomorrow is the end of that. last maths exam in college. HA.
    vineet, shutup. deal with the fact that we are the same sunsign. and that you liked what i wrote, not because of the sunsign. and thank you for liking it.

    ReplyDelete