Sunday, October 18, 2009

5. The Louvre
Yes I saw La Jaconde. I smiled back at her politely.
I also saw Venus de Milo and liked all humans wondered where her arms are and what they pointed at.
wanna know what she looks like from the back? MonaLisa not venus de milo.....
That's what. Except the woman of course.
Pictures and sculpture from around the time of the renaissance. My pick was the young martyr by Delaroche. Check it out online. I didn't take too many pictures of pictures. There are better ones online.
The Egyptian exhibit was good too. And the royal bedrooms were all so well-preserved. Such luxury and grandeur! I wondered what the Mughal palaces were like before the British stripped them clean.
6. Orsay museum.
Was amazing. All the impressionist art. Vibrant colors. The pictures on the interent or in books just do not do them justice. Those thickly applied colors, brushstrokes were just too beautiful. Monet's cathedrals. Sisley. Pissarro. Van Gogh. Starry night left me stunned. And Cezanne drew apples a lot, but he did draw them rather well.
7. The Orangerie. Eight of Monet's waterlilies canvases. Huge canvases. In oval shaped rooms.

1 comment:

  1. i want to touch those brushstrokes. and see those skyscapes. wowee <3 :D

    im so envious right now. but happy for you. see you over christmas, hopefully. joy to you till then :-)

    ReplyDelete